Approved Provider Update - Fall 2017 Workshops
4 Dates | 4 Locations
Monday, October 16 — Carolinas HealthCare System, Charlotte, NC
Register Online for Oct 16 in Charlotte here.
Tuesday, October 17 — Mountain AHEC, Asheville, NC
Register Online for Oct 17 in Asheville here.
Wednesday, October 18 — Eastern AHEC, Greenville, NC
Register Online for Oct 18 in Greenville here.
Thursday, October 19 — Assoc Home & Hospice Care of NC, Raleigh, NC
Register Online for Oct 19 in Raleigh here.
For more information and a mail-in registration form go here:
AP Workshop Information and Mail-in Registration Form
Deadline to register is October 10, 2017.
APPROVED PROVIDER STATUS
If you are planning many educational activities and wish to forego approval every time you plan and implement an activity, then consider the Approved Provider process. Once you are approved to function as an Approved Provider, you can deliver as many activities as you like to as many learners as possible for the approval period. Eligibility to apply or re-apply must be confirmed before NCNA will accept the Approved Provider Application.
Note: If you are new to the process, you must first meet criteria for the 3 Individual Activities approved by NCNA within a 12 month period prior to applying for AP status (or approved by an ANCC accredited approver other than NCNA).
The North Carolina Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Applications and Forms Updated - 2015 Criteria
Verify Eligibility and Submit:
AP Eligibility to Apply or Re-Apply for Approved Provider Status
- new and ready to proceed to AP status, or
- current AP that is renewing
If needed, submit: AP Commercial Interest Addendum (eligibility)
IMPORTANT: If you are an NCNA member hoping to plan an activity for an NCNA Region or Council, please email our office.
Ready to Submit Application? Use This 2015 Criteria Form:
Approved Provider Application (Revised Oct 2016)
AP Conflict of Interest Form - 2015 Criteria
AP Commercial Support Agreement – 2015 Criteria
AP Educational Planning Table–Live/Enduring Material (Rev July 2016)
AP Joint Provider Agreement
AP Planning Template (Revison made: Jan 12, 2017)
AP Fee Structure (Effective January 1, 2013)
|Type of Organization
|Specialty Nursing Association
|Health Related Organization
|Multidisciplinary Education Group
|Professional Nursing Education Group
|Health Care Facility/Governmental Entity
*Assume 1.5 RNs/bed
|1.5 – 299
|300 – 699
|Health Care System (> 1 Facility/Entity/Organization)
*Adopted from ANCC website
Organization Type Definitions:
- College/University: An institution of higher education with authority to award baccalaureate or higher degrees in nursing, and a provider unit.
- Governmental Entity: A governmental entity that provides nursing services.
- Health Care Facility: An organization that provides health care services (i.e. hospitals, hospice, outpatient facilities, medical offices, clinics) OR agencies with a provider unit that supplies health care workers to organizations, including homes.
- Health Related Organization: Organizations that support health care delivery or services but does not provide direct patient/clinical care.
- Multidisciplinary Education Group: A continuing education provider for nursing and other disciplines.
- Professional Nursing Education Group: A continuing education provider for nurses only.
- Specialty Nursing Organization: A nursing body with a majority (>50%) of voting members who are registered nurses practicing in a specialized nursing area as defined in the organization’s governing documents.
- Other: If organization type is not listed above, consult with the CE Consultant (email@example.com).
NCNA CEAU AP Bulletin (May 2017)
NCNA CEAU AP Bulletin (August 2016)
NCNA CEAU AP Bulletin (June 2016)
Responsibilities of the Nurse Planner (NP) and the Primary Nurse Planner (PNP) (May 2016)
NCNA CEAU AP Bulletin (April 2016)
CNE Record Keeping Requirements (April 2016)
Gap Analysis Tool
Guidelines for Calculating/Awarding Pharmacotherapeutic Credit
ANCC-Content Integrity Standards
ANCC-Principles of Adult Learning Theory
Calculation of Contact Hours
ANCC Glossary Update