Council Member Information
NCNA Members eligible to join the Council:
- All Nurse Practitioners (NPs) approved to practice in North Carolina
- NP faculty
- RNs educated as NPs who are without approval to practice as NPs
- RNs who are students actively matriculating in a nurse practitioner program. NP students are not eligible to vote in elections and at business meetings
- Have the right to vote in Council elections and at business meetings (except students)
- Have the right to be considered for a leadership role
- Have the right to participate in regional NP groups — local extensions of the Council
- Receive monthly issues of the NCNA APRN E-Newsletter
How to join the Council:
- Join NCNA using Membership tab on menu above, either online or the application pdf.
- Can’t download the .pdf version of the application? Email NCNA and have one mailed.
- Already an NCNA member but not on the Council? Email NCNA and ask to be put on the Council of Nurse Practitioners list. (Becoming an NCNA member does not automatically put you on a specific Council list!)